Guide To Unlock Bootloader, Install Custom Recovery and Root On Android OnePlus One.
Unlock Bootloader, Install Custom Recovery and Root On ONEPLUS ONE. We know that ONEPLUS ONE smartphone has many advanced features in it, and have a great prize, But some people feel hesitate because ONEPLUS ONE came with locked bootloader. Why some one need to unlock booloader on ONEPLUS ONE? Understanding of custom recovery, What is it ? A custom recovery is flashed onto the recovery partition of the ONEPLUS ONE device and overwrites the stock recovery that exists by default. Custom recoveries bring lots of functionality and give you the ability to perform wipes, install flashable zips, create full backups of your NAND (Nandroid backup), and various other features.
When you finished flash custom recovery, you would give tons of features and install other tweaks that require full system access to your android devices. Now, I will explain to you how to unlock bootloader on your ONEPLUS ONE phones devices.
Now, Go back into the android-sdk-windows directory, and you should see a new folder named platform-tools. If you don't see this new folder, repeat the step above.
Now you can open a command prompt window and enter the following commands: To ensure SDK working properly.
You should see "Android Debug Bridge version x.x.xx" on the screen, that mean the Sdk is working well.
But, if you see "adb is not a recognized" on the screen, this mean the Sdk is error or has not been successful installed.
You can repeat the step above to solve this problem.
When your ONEPLUS ONE enter fastboot mode, now connect to your computer.
Type this command :
If your USB driver installed properly, your ONEPLUS ONE device will show up on command prompt screen.
Then, type this command on screen.
On this step, Now you have successfully unlocked your ONEPLUS ONE device’s bootloader.
Now, reboot your ONEPLUS ONE device, by enter the following command:
Once your ONEPLUS ONE device reboots normally,
Now, switch it off again and boot it into the Fastboot mode. see step 3 above to do it.
Now, go to the Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder and rename the downloaded TWRP recovery for OnePlus One to recovery.img
Open the Minimal ADB and Fastboot command prompt. again, and then type this command.
Then, enter the following command to flash TWRP recovery image in your device.
Wait for flash process untill finish. then type this command .
Now you have successfully flashed TWRP recovery in your ONEPLUS ONE.
Once you are in the recovery mode, click on “Install“.
Now, you will be asked the Select the Zip file. Select the SuperSU zip file to start the flashing process.
Once the flashing process is finished, you will get the “Zip Install Complete” message.
Then, click on the “Reboot System” option to reboot your ONEPLUS ONE device.
Finish. Now you have successfully rooting OnePlus One smartphone
Attention : Unlocking your device may void all or parts of your warranty by ONEPLUS ONE. and you will never get OTA updates by ONEPLUS ONE. And one thing should you know that in this guide we can not get back our bootloader. it's mean you can Relock Bootloader. So, Beware what will you do.
Guide To Unlock Bootloader ONEPLUS ONE.
Before you following this guide, make sure you have installed ADB drivers and enabled OEM unlock. You will need the drivers for the computer to recognize the ONEPLUS ONE and OEM unlock needs to be enabled so the ONEPLUS ONE can go in fastboot mode.
- Make sure you have battery fully charged, we recomended that you have 80% of power
- Warning : Your ONEPLUS ONE might go dead permanently when your phone goes off suddenly, because your battery power is not charger properly when you perfomrming flash ROMs or installing mods and updates
- Always backup your important data, like music, video, and other application will delete or wipe all. So, you must backup all data before unlock bootloader. for backup SMS data you can see this guide
- Universal ADB Driver must be install correctly, you can download here
Guide To Install ADB And Fastboot.
- Fisrt step you need to install ADB and fastboot is download SDK, you can download this file (FULL SDK) via this link.
- When download finish, extract the zip android-sdk-windows folder on the specific folder on your computer, we recomended to extract it on the desktop.
- Now, Go into the android-sdk-windows folder and run SDK Manager.exe
- Then install all the following package, and you can find 4 package on the folder.
- Tools > Android SDK Tools, Android SDK Platform-tools
- Extras > Android Support Library, Google USB Driver
- cd Desktop/android-sdk-windows/platform-tools
- adb version
Guide To Unlock Bootloader.
- First step to unlock bootloader on ONEPLUS ONE you must download TWRP recovery for OnePlus One smartphone and save it in the folder where you have installed the Minimal ADB and Fastboot. Download Here
- Then open the Minimal ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
Minimal ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- Then, boot ONEPLUS ONE into fastboot mode, how to do it ?
- Press and hold holding volume up + power button
- The phone will display "fastboot" text, it's mean phone has successfully entered fastboot mode.
- fastboot devices
- fastboot oem unlock
- fastboot reboot
- fastboot devices
- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- fastboot reboot
Guide To Root OnePlus One.
On the finall step, let’s find out the way to root OnePlus One device.
- You must download SuperSU here
- Then, save this file on your computer.
- Now, Connect your ONEPLUS ONE device to your computer,
- Transfer the SuperSU to your device’s internal memory.
- Once the transfer is finished, then disconnect your ONEPLUS ONE from computer.
- Now, switch off your ONEPLUS ONE and boot it into the recovery mode, how to do it ?
- Hold and pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously.
|Select the SuperSU zip file|
|twrp Reboot System|