How to Fix OTA Update Failed on Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 HD+ (B8080).
Fix OTA Update Failed Lenovo Yoga 10. This problem arises when you want to update your Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 using OTA update. The system update fail during installation process. If now you have any problem on Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 when you update this Android smartphone like thus, on this guide you can find how to fix this error. But before we proceed this action, It's better we know detail specification of this Android devices. Your Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 is the smartphone with specificaton of 10.1 Inchi IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, work on Android OS, v4.2 (Jelly Bean) and supported with Chipset Mediatek MT8125, Processor Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7, GPU PowerVR SGX544, combined with 1 GB of RAM and 5 MP of main camera and 1,6 MP on secondary camera. This Lenovo VIBE P1M Released 2013, October.
This is very simple way to Update your Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 via OTA update, but sometime this is not work perfectly. This update has a 448 MB of size, so it will take quite a long time. But it is also influenced by the Internet network.
This update runs by automatically reboot the device first, and then proceed with the next step, However, the update process fail during installation process, and you will see following error message below.
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/LatinImeGoogle.apk", "d92eb573561a659bcdb35c18cafbde93a127aae9", "71c3b58f057a4f51c33ac96e87538ea784d7b1d6")E:Error in /data/media/0/googleota/update.zip (Status 7)
Problem Solving (Solution).
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet when update Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 via OTA update.
- Make sure you have back up all data stored on your device. you can use one of the following backup method below.
- Backup on rooted android device.
- Go to Settings -> Security -> check Unknown sources.
- Then on the Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10, download and install the file LenovoFastOta_signed.apk.
- In the pop up box, tap Next to confirm installation.
- On the PC or Tablet, download the file update.zip. The file size is 834MB.
- Then, Copy the update.zip file to the internal storage root of your Tablet or to the root of a Micro SD card.
- Now, On the Tablet, launch the LenovoFastOta application. The Tablet will reboot and apply the update.
- Once finished, you will see notification if your update installation successfully.
- Finish, enjoy it